Welcome To Pickin'Ease Otherwise Known As Adventures Of The Newbie Picker


Hi, my name is Jennifer Boyte and I am the owner of It's New To You. I buy collectibles, odds and ends, storage units, and really anything that interests me - then try to sell it for a profit. I am fairly new at this and still learning the ins and outs of the business, but I would love to take you along on the adventure.


I will share my ups (hope I have a lot of those) and my downs (so sad...) - but, I sure hope there is a chuckle or two along the way as well. If you are the type of person who slams on the brakes at the sight of a yardsale (they shouldn't have been on my tail end and YES I know I am #1 though typically I don't use that finger) then this is something you will enjoy. If you like dragging yourself out of bed at 5:00AM to have a garage sale and get a major thrill when you make $5 for that item you paid a quarter for - then you are in for some fun.


Welcome to SE Georgia and the people I meet along the way - cheer me on when I make a great find and commiserate with me when I make a baaaad purchase. By the way - I would love to hear from you and let me know how you are doing with YOUR picking. Maybe we can share some tips and ideas.


As the Fat Man use to say - Awaaaaay We Go :)

Monday, October 22, 2012

Auction Weekend Coming Up!!

I am so excited...going to have a storage auction to go to this coming weekend.  YES, I actually have a Saturday off (Sunday too...two days in a row - life is good!!!)  The logistics have been a little rough.  The last time I went to a storage auction I had to limit myself to what I could get because I don't have a truck or additional help.

THIS time, I corralled my Mom and Aunt to help me figure out a solution.  So, my Aunt is driving down from NC with a cousin.  This cousin can drive a rental truck for me and help me with loading - so I can get lots with FURNITURE. Tee hee hee.  Since he is also doing some yard work for my Mom, I am getting all of this for only $50.  Or I could be paying him $50 just to stand around for a few hours. LOL

I will let you know what I find. :)

Tomorrow I am going to show you a few small items I found...I think they are pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment