Welcome To Pickin'Ease Otherwise Known As Adventures Of The Newbie Picker


Hi, my name is Jennifer Boyte and I am the owner of It's New To You. I buy collectibles, odds and ends, storage units, and really anything that interests me - then try to sell it for a profit. I am fairly new at this and still learning the ins and outs of the business, but I would love to take you along on the adventure.


I will share my ups (hope I have a lot of those) and my downs (so sad...) - but, I sure hope there is a chuckle or two along the way as well. If you are the type of person who slams on the brakes at the sight of a yardsale (they shouldn't have been on my tail end and YES I know I am #1 though typically I don't use that finger) then this is something you will enjoy. If you like dragging yourself out of bed at 5:00AM to have a garage sale and get a major thrill when you make $5 for that item you paid a quarter for - then you are in for some fun.


Welcome to SE Georgia and the people I meet along the way - cheer me on when I make a great find and commiserate with me when I make a baaaad purchase. By the way - I would love to hear from you and let me know how you are doing with YOUR picking. Maybe we can share some tips and ideas.


As the Fat Man use to say - Awaaaaay We Go :)

Monday, October 29, 2012

Where Have I Been????

Alas, I have been remiss in upkeeping this wonderful blog - been feeling a little under the weather.  But, I have picked up a few nice things and would like to share them.  But, first - let me tell you a little about my weekend.

I did have a two day weekend this past week (YAY) and got to head off to a storage unit auction.  First of all, let me give you a little heads up - Google Maps SUCK.  Why was I using Google Maps instead of, say, a nice GPS system you may be asking...even if you aren't I'm going to tell you. :)  I purchased a Tom Tom because I know that I have a tendency to get lost.  Yes, I can read a map, yes I am good with directions, but still...I get lost.  Rambling today - sorry, back to the Tom Tom.  I just got my new Tom Tom and it was very very nice, worked well and was easy to use.  Except for the suction cup that holds it to my dash - sucker (ha ha) came loose and it fell and crashed into my console.  Cracked the screen and no more Tom Tom.  Since I bought it through an online auction site Tom Tom would not replace the sucker.  So, I was stuck with using Google Maps to find the storage unit auction I was going to attend.  They had me on the wrong side of the town - on the wrong street - and actually heading in the opposite direction.  After futilely looking for the place I called the storage site and got directions.  These directions were so good that I only had to stop and ask for additional directions three more times before I found the place.  I got there finally, late but there.

Then, so my luck would continue to be completely bad - they decided that they were going to sell off each individual item in the units.  Not a box, not a container - they opened each box and sold the items out of the box.  No opportunity to find a nice surprise, no opportunity to luck out with a great item, and no excitement at all.  If I wanted to attend a traditional auction I would have gone to an auction house which has nice comfortable seats and where I don't have 50 tall people standing in front of me blocking my view.  Needless to say, I did not stay.  But, so the day would not be a complete loss I decided to hit a few yard sales and thrift stores on my way home.  It was an interesting day to say the least :)

Here are a few items that may interest you - if you see something you like then feel free to click the webstore link on the right - all the items should be listed there.  If not, feel free to email me at NewNewNew2U@gmail.com and I will be happy to quote a price (and even haggle a little bit).

Coca Cola Belt Buckle - leather and brass by El Cid


Set of 10 crackle gold/brown glasses featuring Great Works Of Art


Brand new hookah with gold inlay and mahogany box (please request more pictures if you would like) - This hookah has a peacock design with a blue bowl - lots of extras included and the box it absolutely gorgeous



Licensed I Love Lucy purse with a metal handle (along with a shoulder strap) - I will even include a VitaGirl license plate (remember the Vitameatavegamin episode?)




I will get more items on here as soon as possible - please check out my store to see other items I have for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment